- Resolve after-hours issues for shippers, receivers, and drivers.
- Process driver message via computer/ satellite.
- Dispatch all loads thoroughly to drivers to ensure that all vital information is passed onto the driver to increase the satisfaction of our external customers.
- Trace shipments transported by drivers
- Issue purchase orders to reimburse drivers for out-of-pocket road expenses.
- Route drivers to ensure that D.O.T. requirements are met as well as fuel stop requirements.
- An associate degree in a business-related or communication field is preferred. Previous dispatch work experience in the trucking industry may be substituted for education
- Two (2) years of dispatch experience preferred
- Good phone and communication skills
- Must be detail-oriented and good with following up on unfinished tasks
- Basic personal computer or host terminal skills required
- Health, dental, vision, and life insurance offered
- 401(K) retirement plan with company matching funds
About KLLM Transport Services
For more than 50 years, KLLM has been transporting perishable commodities for satisfied customers throughout the country. KLLM offers Over-The-Road, Regional, Dedicated, and Intermodal temperature-controlled services throughout the United States and with service into and out of Mexico. Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D. While KLLM promotes a drug-free workplace, we no longer include marijuana in our comprehensive pre-employment drug screening program for any positions not regulated by the Department of Transportation. Impairment in the workplace is strictly prohibited and we will continue to test for all drugs and alcohol in compliance with our Reasonable Suspicion Policy.